Meet Dr. Besh
Basil R. Besh, M.D., is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He specializes in Hand, Wrist, and Elbow conditions, and is one of the few hand surgeons in Silicon Valley that has the Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand.
Dr. Besh has over 15 years of experience focused on orthopedic hand conditions. He is a leader in the field of orthopedic surgery and holds various leadership positions within the orthopedic medical association community. In addition to his leadership contributions, he is an active member of several medical societies. His expertise and commitment to personalized patient care have earned him several prestigious awards and recognition including Vitals’ Top 10 Hand Surgeons in California Award, East Bay’s Best Doctors Award, Global Who’s Who Top Doctors Award, four Vitals’ Patient Choice Awards, two Vitals’ Compassionate Doctor Awards, and a Vitals’ On-Time Physician Award.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Undergraduate Studies
Columbia University School of Engineering, Valedictorian
- Medical Degree
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Orthopaedic Surgery at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases
Emmanuel Kaplan Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Past President, California Orthopaedic Association
- Past Board of Directors, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board of Directors, Western Orthopaedic Association
- California Advisory Committee, Workers’ Compensation Research Institute
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Division of Workers’ Compensation